Wednesday 22 May 2013

The One Book Meme




Rather late in the game, I thought I’d try this one myself. If you’d like to participate, just post your own responses to these questions and tag five people. Welcome to the One Book Meme!
1. One book that changed your life: 
Graeme Goldsworthy, Gospel and Kingdom
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: 

Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: 

The Bible. I know it's the answer I'm "supposed" to give, but I'm being sincere. If I could have a second one, it'd definitely be Calvin's Institutes.

4. One book that made you laugh: 

Bill Meyers, My Life as a smashed burrito with extra hot sauce.
5. One book that made you cry: 
Patricia Verdugo, Los Zarpazos del Puma
6. One book that you wish had been written:
Towards a recovery of Reformed Catholicity
7. One book that you wish had never been written: 
Brian McClaren, A Generous Orthodoxy
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Mitch Stokes, A Shot of Faith to the Head (fantastic!).
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: 
Mike Wilkerson, Redemption: Freed by Jesus from the Idols we worship and the wounds we carry.
Now I tag the two Robbie's. It's your turn!

1 comment:

  1. 1. One book that changed your life:
    Henry Scougal, The Life of God in the Soul of Man
    2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
    J I Packer, Knowing God
    3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
    Jonathan Edwards, The Religious Affections
    4. One book that made you laugh:
    Danny Wallace, Yes Man
    5. One book that made you cry:
    Michael Horton, Putting the Amazing Back into Grace (strangely enough)
    6. One book that you wish had been written:
    The Apostle Peter - An Autobiography
    7. One book that you wish had never been written:
    Jurgen Moltmann, The Crucified God
    8. One book you’re currently reading:
    D A Carson, The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God
    9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
    Michael Collins, Carrying the Fire: An Astronaut's Journeys

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List